Follow by Email

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Painting

I finished up on a 20 x 26 painting that I hope will be dry enough for the Attleboro art auction.  At least I hope it is the right size for a frame that I have been holding onto.  This was my first attempt using those silicon painting spatulas (I forget what to call them) because I wanted to be more abstract and loose but I'm not sure I accomplished that.  I also think these things are for right handed people but I was told just to flip them over.  I think it is just me.


Here is where I started.  I thought the tree in the background was a little too green so I decided to knock it back a bit.I also wanted to give it a little more color so I brightened up the yellows.  


And viola! The finished piece.  I am going to leave it alone for a few days and we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment