Monday, June 16, 2014

New Work

Here is what I have been working on for the past couple of days.  I started out with a piece of vellum bristol and just started putting paint to the paper.   I bought some new colors and just decided to have fun with them.  I don't have any pictures of the first stages but here is where I decided to stop and step back.



I thought it looked like Gertie, one of my studio mate's dog and just decided to go a little further with that.  Then I thought (perhaps a little too much) that the circle had to go because I didn't know if it belonged.  Some further thoughts made me realize that the line above Gertie's back didn't go any where either.  Both came out and here is where we are now:


I think I like it makes more sense now and I have to stop before it gets overworked.  I did change the color of the bottom "rung" of the street to be more blue and pink and I fattened up the bird's legs.  Time to leave it alone.  I gave it a title:  Gertie and Her Friend Go For a Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment