Thursday, June 19, 2014

Attempt #2

I decided to rework a piece that I had done last year.  I bought this amazing canvas from Michael's and it just brought up a host of ideas.  However, this was not the result I had in mind but this is what I ended up with.



I thought it was an interesting concept at the time and I had always thought the collage image needed a good home but I also thought it had limited appeal.  So here is attempt #2:



Now this is what I wanted to do in the first place.  The pieces in the middle are from a piece of wood that I found on the beach and glued with a combination of Goop and PVA.  I would like to add a piece if glass or plexi bigger than the opening but I haven't figured out how to attach it.  I think some good glue would do it but I wonder if it would be seen since I am somewhat a sloppy gluer.

No comments:

Post a Comment