Last week was all about art. In addition to the large image transfer workshop, the jewelry girls at the studio did a little colored resin workshop which turned out to be largely experimental. Here are some of the things we learned:
1. You have to measure the resin/hardener ratio carefully. Some of us were better than others and some of the resins we mixed will never dry and remain a goopy mess.
2. When using a mold, you must use a release agent. You can get the official stuff but cooking spray is also supposed to work. I have a red skull that is stuck in the mold so I may have to cut it apart. I'm also going to try running it under hot water or zapping it in the micro wave for a few seconds.
3. Wear gloves. When this stuff gets on your hands, it is very difficult to remove. Alcohol works and so does WD-40. I finished up with a little nail polish remover.
4. This us fun and one idea leads to another. Can't wait to do it again.