Saturday, December 27, 2014

Post Holiday Blues

It seems to me that the week between Christmas and New Year's is very long.  I just want to put the old year behind and begin anew.

Working is retail makes this process hard to put aside.  People are still in shopping mode and are especially sloppy and rude.  It really brings out the cheap in everyone and patience wears thin.  I had a woman today who could not grasp the concept of Buy One, Get the Second One Half Price.  And don't get me started with the woman who didn't understand sales tax.  Math obviously was not her forte.

Anyhoo (I hate this expression) this was the conversation with Buy One woman:

BO:  How much?

Me: $59

BO: How about the coupon?

Me:  Does not take coupon.  It is our six day special.

BO:  Why?

Me:  It's a sale.

BO:  Wait, I'll get another one.

A few minutes pass and she comes back with another blouse.

BO:  How much is that?  (She points to the first blouse.)

Me:  $59.00

BO:  How much is that one?  (She points to the second blouse)

Me:  $29.50

BO:  Well I'll take that one.

Me:  That's not the way it works.

We went back and forth a few more times and I don't remember the outcome because I wanted to erase it from my memory banks forever.

But on a lighter note, here are a couple of new pieces I did for holiday shows..  These frames were from the Salvation Army.


No comments:

Post a Comment