Wednesday, December 31, 2014

End of Year

I had the choice of going into the studio or going to the movies.  I chose the movies to see Big Eyes.  I figured it was art related so I could count it as studio time.  I enjoyed it and found the story interesting and well told. Christoph Waltz did a great job playing such a tool.  I recommend seeing it because it probably won't be in theaters very long.  It was just me and two other women at the matinee.

If I had gone to the studio I would have continued working on this:



I kind of threw this together for the ill fated RISD show but I felt it could be much more.  I love the main pieces - the bird's nest with robin egg shell, the base and the wire form which I found rolling down the street on a windy day.  With some valuable input from a colleague and some new found objects I think I have what it needs.  Tune in later to see what it becomes.

Wishing all a Happy and Better New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment