Follow by Email

Thursday, September 15, 2016

September Flying By

September is one of those months that seem to disappear too quickly.  There is always something to do and this year is no exception.  

I am taking a class on how to put together a portfolio of my photographs which causes me to have to actually think about them and what it is I have to say.  The truth of the matter is, I have no deep thoughts and I have nothing particular in mind when I press the shutter.  As for subject matter, I am where I am and whatever catches my eye is what I take.  I will never voluntarily get up early to take sunrises but I will take a sunset and last night's was beautiful.  Unfortunately I was driving home from work so that didn't happen.

A lot of times I only take one or two photos of something when I should have taken more but these seem to be all I need.  I like taking pictures of critters but they are not Audubon quality.  For that I need better equipment, better post production, and more time.  And for now, I have resisted the Photoshop and the Lightroom routes and I have been using the humble IPhoto that comes with the Mac.

Anyway, here are a few recent examples where I should have taken more.





No comments:

Post a Comment