Friday, June 10, 2016

One Project Down

After many hours of frustration and layers of paint, I am finally done with one of the repurposed canvases from the previous post.



I brought this home and after a few hours of living with it, I decided that I didn't like it after all.  I took the canvas off the frame and cut it apart.  Now I am happy.


This is a 10 x 10 and it comes from the lower right section but now it is upside down from the original.  Keeping in the same vein, I cut an 8 x 8 piece out of the upper right and turned it on its side.  I thought it has a landscape feel.


And finally I cut a 5 x 7 and brought out some shapes that looked like a boat which is a very popular theme around here.


In doing this, I learned a few things
          1. It is really hard to use a repurposed canvas from some one else.
          2. My new favorite color is zinc white.
          3. Abstracts look better as a square.
          4. It is ok to cut a canvas apart and stick it in a frame.





No comments:

Post a Comment