Friday, May 13, 2016

Progression of WorkI

I thought I would go step by step on how my latest piece came to be.  I started off with a layer of collage and some gray paint.  I used some pattern pieces, tissue and some hand made paper.  As an afterthought I put some red paint from the top of the tube and then used a small brayer to smear some of it around.



This is actually step 3 because I had painted over the whole thing with transparent yellow oxide and I kind of liked it.  I wanted to get out of my usual thing by making waves with black, white, more gray, burnt sienna and some ugly brown paint.

 

I wanted to get rid of that ugly brown paint so I covered everything over with white and then softened it with a paper towel and water.

This became the final version but the thing I like best about working with paper is that you don't have to like all of it.


This is the final version.  I cropped out the right hand side and I am saving cropped ends of papers for some future project.


No comments:

Post a Comment