Saturday, April 30, 2016

Inspiration

I recently saw an exhibit of Roberta Richman's abstract landscape paintings.  What intrigued me most was that she used oil sticks and they were very textured.  When I got to the studio, I dragged out my oil sticks and started messing around.

I started out with an 8 x 8 and turned it into a landscape, using my usual color pallet.


Then a couple of days later I just decided to use a bugger piece of paper and scratch some texture into it.  I was still in stripe mode.


Then as I was cleaning up for the evening, I stacked the papers up and I thought this looked pretty good. 


I'm not sure how she got the texture but my guess would be that she mixed the oil sticks with Dorland's Wax.  I plan on doing some more experiments on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment