Sunday, April 3, 2016

An Unwelcomed Surprise

So this is what greeted me when I woke up this morning.  It was also very cold and windy.  So much for Spring.




With this plowable snow, I hesitated about going into Providence for the opening of the Providence Art Club's national juried show of which I was "not invited", which begs the question:  If you applied for a juried show, would you rather hear that you were not accepted or not invited?  But I digress.

Anyway, I did venture into Providence, and by the way, they did not get plowable snow even though it is only 10 minutes away but the wind was fierce.

The Providence Art Club show was somewhat disappointing since they only accepted 10% of the 750 entries so I was expecting to see something more.  I was baffled by the best in show which was a small piece that was all black and the theme of the show was Color.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment