Sunday, June 28, 2015

Weekend of Art

I spent a couple of days taking a class with Dean Nimmer, author and former professor of art from Mass Art.  The class was about loosening up and creating abstract art.  We tried a host of different techniques which I want to explore further.  The class was fun and intense.  As always with this type of class, I expect to come out with pieces of art that are worthy of a frame.  I think I got a couple that are at least mat worthy but I don't have pictures yet. If you ever get a chance to take one of his classes, don't pass it up.  He is fun and he will give you a lot of techniques to put in your bag.

Since I don't like to leave without posting some pictures, here are a few that I took when we actually had a summer day.

Here is my attempt to take a picture of a plant at the Roger Williams Botanical Garden without a plant
I liked the colors in this but of course it is out of focus
A reflection of building in Wickford
Another reflection, this time of a boat

No comments:

Post a Comment