Saturday, June 13, 2015

Back in the Studio

It seems like it has been a long time since I have been to the studio.  My painting group, which consists of four of us, has had a difficult time getting us all in one room.  To remedy that, we have decided to make a commitment to meet at the Wickford Art Association on Tuesdays and paint. Now I should mention that here in Rhode Island there is the mentality that anything over a half hour driving time is really really far.  But so far, so good now that the weather is nice and the art association is across the parking lot from a very nice little beach.

I find that I can do one and one half 8 x 10 paintings in just 3 hours.  Here is one that I started and I was told to leave it alone because it was done.  I still want to do more work on the tree and maybe try it again, only bigger and more abstract.


No comments:

Post a Comment