Wednesday, March 25, 2015

NCECA Conference

I visited the National Ceramics Conference  in Providence today and I saw some amazing work.  Here is a sampling of some of my favorites:


I love these  little people and the things on their heads


These rainbows are so simple but the picture dies not show the iridescent colors

                                      
                                    

 I love the Day of the Dead designs.  Makes me wish I was in Mexico.


 Just some fun faces and cool cups



More cool cups


I like these faces and the way the arm becomes the handle


Sometimes the simple designs are enough.  I must remember this.


 Who doesn't like a house?


This had to be one of my favorites.  The artist also put a design on the back of the plates.

What I noticed from all of this is that the artists developed their own personal style and they did not veer far from that path.  But it also makes me wonder if they ever get bored and does it have a broad enough appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment