Friday, November 14, 2014

Hard at Work

I have been hard at work in the studio getting ready for the RISD Christmas show on December 13th.  I finished up a couple of cold wax pieces and I have been experimenting with some loose mixed media pieces.

I met with my art group and presented my challenge piece which was "simple pleasures".



I collaged the paper but then I put too much gesso over it so you can't see any of it.  I really liked that back ground.  This is gesso and india ink.  The letters are rub ons which I cut up into small squares and glues.

Not wanting to make the same mistake by obliterating the collaged background, I knocked this one out pretty quickly:



I used the same process as above but I went easy on the gesso and rubbed out the ink at the bottom.  I may do more of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment